All background screening agencies and employers conducting pre-employment screening must comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Under the requirements of the FCRA, written permission must be obtained by the user of background screening reports prior to obtaining the reports. In addition, the information used for pre-employment screening purposes must be accurate and up-to-date. National Credit Reporting can assist you in packaging products to best meet these requirements.
In addition, the FCRA sets forth applicant notification and authorization standards for pre-employment background screening. All applicants must be provided advance notice, in writing and separate from the application, that background screening will be conducted prior to employment. All applicants must sign an authorization for the release of information prior to the background screening. In addition, there are a number of documents that must be provided to the applicant with regard to the reports being requested, disputed information, adverse actions, and more.
For detailed information and documentation regarding background screening regulations and compliance you may find the following links helpful. For your convenience, National Credit Reporting can provide you with the release and notification forms required. However, National Credit Reporting does not provide legal advice and recommends you consult with your attorney with regard to any legal or compliance matters.
- MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT FOR TENANT/EMPLOYMENT SCREENING
- INTERNET SCREENING GUIDE
- NCR RENTAL APPLICATION
- AUTHORIZATION AND RELEASE OF INFORMATION FOR TENANT
- NOTICE OF DENIAL FOR RENTAL HOUSING
- EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
- SAMPLE ADVERSE ACTION LETTER
- SAMPLE PRE-ADVERSE ACTION LETTER
- AUTHORIZATION OF RELEASE OF INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
- SUMMARY OF YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT (FCRA)
- Federal Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Investigative Consumer Reporting Act (ICRA)
- FTC Summary of Rights (FTC)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)